Billboard Advertising Malaysia is the process of using a large-scale print advertisement to market a company, brand, product, service, or campaign. Billboard Ads are typically locate in high traffic areas, such as along highways and cities. Where most drivers and pedestrians can see them. They effectively builds brand awareness and broadcasting your business (or product or campaign) to as many people as possible. Because they’re in such busy areas. Billboard tends to have the highest number of views and impressions when compared to other marketing methods.
What Billboard Advertising Malaysia Do
In simpler terms, Billboard Advertising is like giant posters that are often place on select structures for public viewing. In comparison to online promotions and public relations, Billboard is costlier and more conventional forms of marketing. The billboard advertising strategy is the perfect means to advertise the message or purpose of the venture to a wider audience in a specific region. For someone looking for more insights on a billboard concept. It is important to note that the largest one available is termed as the “bulletin.” However, the size of the advertising region also depends on the location and business preferences. Typically, a standard billboard measures around 14 feet in height and 48 feet in width, in usual cases.
What Advertisers in Malaysia Need to do While Considering Billboard
Advertising products and services on Billboard is a relative choice. Many people look at their mounted structures while driving while others just focus on the road. The Billboard is frequently installed in some parts of the country, making it very difficult to notice the desired message. Based on an independent survey, quite a few aspects determine the popularity of billboard or the lack of it: –
- An average Malaysian prefers spending about 20 hours on the freeway, often treading across 200 miles or more.
- The fall months usually see an increase in driving frequency with an average of 31.5 miles daily.
- With an average mileage per year of 13,506 miles, the usual age group will go outfalls between 30 and 49.
- All these factors and more directly or indirectly determine the role of billboard advertising for businesses.
How to use Billboard Ads in Malaysia Effectively
- Keep the text short: People read a billboard for six seconds, which means adding large amounts of text can be ineffective. Many billboard experts recommend sticking to six words or less. While not every business can get its message across just six words, the principle is the same: less is more. It doesn’t take much to convey your brand or cause. That is why you should use billboard ads. If you think you need more text, consider using multiple Billboard Advertising.
- Keep it simple: Going along the same lines as the limited text, try to keep your graphics simple. People will zoom past a billboard, passing by seven different things at once, and not have time to recognize or internalize a message. Choose a single purpose and theme for your billboard and let that be the star of the show. Additional ideas can be included in a multi-canvas Campaign with multiple Billboards.
- Be creative: The best Billboard Advertising follow the “show, don’t tell” mantra. Sure, you could use text to share your message, but a more effective way is to use a creative image. Billboards are where creativity flourishes. Where you can experiment with texture, color, and movement. Put this huge platform to good use with engaging advertising. Creative images better get people’s attention and stick in their brains for much longer than boring text.
- Don’t try to be clever: There’s a fine line between being smart and intelligent. Smart Billboard Advertising is the ones that people naturally notice. Passers with a few seconds to look at a billboard are often overwhelmed by complex visual metaphors or overly complex puns. A lasting impression should leave the viewer laughing, thinking, or feeling emotionally. If you don’t do that one is wasted for not understanding it fully.
- Don’t ask for a response: Billboard Advertising is excellent for building a brand and spreading awareness about a company or cause. Use billboards for short messages rather than transferring vast amounts of information or directing people to a website or phone number.
Advantages of Billboard Advertising in Malaysia:
There are many options for advertising, but one of the biggest ways to make a splash is through Billboard Advertising in Malaysia. Billboard advertising draws attention and can be incredibly effective. Here are four of its biggest advantages:
Billboard Advertising is huge and nearly impossible to avoid. You’ll reach thousands of people every day by placing Billboards near busy intersections. There is good chance that frequent users of the same route will see your billboard, developing a lasting brand association. While TV or radio advertising can be turned off, Billboard Advertising must remain always on, so potential customers cannot step away. Instead of searching out customers, you can take advantage of the potential customer’s right outside your door.
Companies that use Billboard Advertising can choose the perfect location to advertise their business. Billboard Advertising in the right areas can help direct customers to your store or give directions to your business. If you have a store or showroom close to a billboard, use the location to point out how close people are to your business. If you want to reach as many people as possible, put your billboard along a busy stretch of road. Whatever the goals of your advertising, a customized billboard location can help you meet the goal.
Any company can use Billboard Advertising as an excellent way to build brand awareness because it affects a confined area. Because people see Billboard Advertising on the street so often that they become accustomed to seeing that image. The more people see your billboard, the stronger the association is in their minds. When they need a service you provide, they can tap into their memory of your billboard and connect with your company. It’s a great way to keep customers informed about your company and make a lasting impact on the long term. And because the Billboard Advertising sector allows for creativity, you can give your company the attention that it deserves.
You can also get a one-time ad run in a weekly newspaper or on television airings by paying for other types of advertising. With a billboard, your message is always on display. Regardless of the time, someone could be driving past your billboard and learning about your brand. The billboard is a powerful and lasting advertisement medium. It gets your message across and reaches a large range of clients. With an impactful message and the perfect location, your business can shine on a billboard.
Cons of Billboard Ads
- Billboard Ads doesn’t apply to a targeted marketing approach, as individuals with different interests and requirements see them. That is why Billboard Advertising cannot taper targets based on preferences.
- Most billboard spaces come with a rental arrangement. It often becomes difficult for a startup to bear the costs for a longer period, especially if it isn’t making regular profits.
- Typical Billboard Advertising is more like bulletins set in stone for a certain period. While they aim at bombarding thoughts with the business offerings, the ads can get monotonous after a day or two.
- Billboard is prone to damage if structured in areas that encounter heavy and frequent weather strikes. As they are mounted on top of towering structures, they are the first ones to get damaged.
- The previous point reveals that Billboard Advertising should be considered seasonal marketing options in certain regions, which cripple the same sizable margin.
Digital Billboard Advertising vs. Static Billboard
It used to be that your only option for Billboard was to slap a bright picture and catchy slogan on the massive sign and call it good. But with the growth of digital LED Billboard, advertisers now have many more options than ever before. Digital and traditional Billboard has their differences but is both excellent advertising options. Which one is better for your business? Let’s explore.
Static Billboard Advertising has been a long-standing element of advertising for many companies. Throughout the years and has proven their worth among business owners. These Billboard are the only form of media that offers businesses constant 24/7 exposure. Brand awareness can be spread effectively through traffic signals that cannot be turned off, ignored, or discarded. Billboard is a powerful way to spread your message to a large number of people in a short amount of time. Businesses usually place them near busy intersections and on busy roads for maximum visibility. Most people travel the same route regularly, so static billboards are usually rented on longer-term contracts. You will be able to raise brand awareness by placing your billboard multiple times, which can increase sales and attention.
Digital Billboard is electronic displays control remotely by computers and takes the Outdoor Billboard Advertising experience to a whole new level. Since digital Billboard Advertising is control remotely, they offer much more flexibility to the advertiser. Digital allows you to update your messages on the fly, run multiple messages in your spot. We can even set up a custom schedule to reach viewers at specific times of the day, incorporating RTD and social media feeds. Digital is more cost effective than static. The changing of the message alone helps draw attention to it.
We are Using Billboard Advertising in Malaysia Correctly.
It wouldn’t be wrong to state that Billboard Ads is exceptional marketing tools provide. However, we mean targeting the specific area where the concerned service procurers are in excess by correct usage. Traffic accumulation is an important factor in the effectiveness of billboard advertisements. Moreover, the cost of Billboard Ads is on the lower side. The best thing about this form of advertising is that it is virtually unavoidable, unlike radio or television. Therefore, to make the most of a billboard advertisement, the business must consider several aspects and ponder each with significant levels of attention. When used with discretion and marketing intuition, billboard ads can give you excellent results.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin